· 5: Xtreme-G 185.81 XP32
· 6: Xtreme-G 190.62m Win7/Vista32
· 7: Xtreme-G 195.62 Win7/Vista64
· 8: XG 11.2 Mobility Win7 Vista 64bit
· 9: Xtreme-G 195.62 XP32
· 10: Xtreme-G 190.62m Win7/Vista64

Google Ads

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Windows - Linux Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilentBob420BMFJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve30x wrote:
SilentBob420BMFJ wrote:
Nope, disabling things obviously will speed it up, but only if your computer is average at best. But I just go out and buy a new computer at that point. I mean if something like Aero is killing your processor, ya... I owned a Windows XP computer that I kept in top shape for 7 years, and it only got slow after 5 years. I didn't even disable services on that.

I have a $1600 gaming laptop, I don't think I need to be disabling any services or checking "for performance" yet!
I suppose your right. I mean the new games that really push peoples computers and give low FPS even with the best gaming hardware available dont need that extra push like disabling processes. Thats just me being narrow minded though ...... oh no thats you being narrow minded.

Also just because you have an $1600 gaming laptop doesnt mean that it doesnt need those processes disabled. Even though it might have all the best parts available it is not near as powerful as a $1600 gaming desktop PC. The GPU and processor is downclocked to stop it from overheating.

I have a $1200 gaming desktop computer that I disable processes that I dont need or use so that I can get every little bit of performance out of it even though those processes wont kill my CPU.

Honestly I dont know why I am bothering. You will criticise disabling processes even though it helps wether your computer is good or bad.

So I should disable processes so that my computer can run slightly faster during games I don't play? Dude, this is all nonsense to even talk about, because this is about a problem, and fixing it, not getting 87 FPS instead of 85. Disabling processes and all that stuff to get the absolute most out of your computer, fine, I'm not arguing that, but disabling them because you think it's necessary? No.
blitz00
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 post for me yay!!
Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev. 2.0 - AMD FX 8120 - 2 x 2gb G.Skill 12800 ddr3 - Corsair 1000w PSU - Cooler Master HAF Case - 128 GB Corsair M4 SSD - 150 GB Raptor - 1 TB WD Black edition - 2 x Evga 580's - 37" Vizio - Win7 Pro 64
rabidrodent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I want to share how i fixed my "driver has stooped responding" i have a ATI 5850 from msi with the Twinfrozor II cooler and i was expersing "Black screens, Driver has stopped responding, Grey screen crash, Grey screen crash with black stripes, Blue screens etc" i can repeduce thees symptoms in almost every game some games crashed directly or after 5 or 10 mins of gaming wile some worked four ours.

I thuged my card was fried so i tried with my old 4870 and no problems at all hmmm.

I have read allot of topics regarding this and my solution to this was i put back my 5850 and directly the problems came back i downloaded Msi Twin turbo and i saw that my graffic card was giving to low on voltage on the Pci-e voltage 1.08 v i bumped that up to 1.2 v (i have read 1,6 v is bad) and bumped up the memory clock from 1000 MHz to 1010 MHz and i was supprised my rig is rock stable all symptoms disappeared.

I then disabled Msi software to see if its was pure luck tried some games all symptoms came back directly

I Enabled Msi software all symptoms disappeared i tried this 5 times with exactly the same result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> Windows - Linux Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: