· Search
· Your_Account

Google Ads

TweakForce VIPs
Make donations with PayPal!

©
VIP Members

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

nVidia GeForce 381.89 WHQL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FHen1979
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: nVidia GeForce 381.89 WHQL Reply with quote

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/nvidia-geforce-treiber

Changelog:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/381.89/381.89-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

A few changes:

GameReady Driver:

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Heroes of the Storm 2.0, Batman: Arkham VR, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, and Wilson's Heart.
dragondale13
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to give these 381/wddm 2.2 drivers the benefit of the doubt.They run games well for the most part but the 378/wddm 2.1 drivers are still clearly superior even on Creators Update.

Scary part, I tried running SSE with vsync set off in control panel using 381.78 and it corrupted two of my last saves.Wasn't detrimental as I save often but enough for me to stay away for now.

The pausing I've been getting with these also is still there, makes me wonder if it's a vram access issue.Also more than enough for me to stay clear.

That said I've switched back to XG 378.49 until they work out all the bugs.
dragondale13
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well seems like Windows won't let me stay with XG378.49 as it's older than Windows Update 378.78...and I don't want to disable Windows Update completely so sticking to these for the time being...who knows when MS is gonna push an updated one out, only for it automatically install/overwrite your current driver, without warning.

Sticking to the program WU installs display, 3D vision (for monitor), audio and Vulkan Runtimes so will just be updating those with Physx.Worked well for 381.78..so far had one freeze with 381.89 but I'm thinking it's because I Installed only driver and Physx.

UPDATE: Reinstalled on top of 378.78 after DDU...so far so good.Control panel settings at default now, only changing Power Management for apps.If I try to force AF I get lil z-fighting happening in SSE, at default app controlled it's gone.Benchmarks and OC are stable.Will update again if any other issues arise.
hp321helder

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be any more XG Driver updates for new NVIDIA driver releases? Would be awesome Smile
dragondale13
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hp321helder wrote:
Will there be any more XG Driver updates for new NVIDIA driver releases? Would be awesome Smile

I'm hoping we can get one for the new 382.05 driver that came out today...fingers and toes crossed Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> New Driver News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: