· 5: Xtreme-G 185.81 XP32
· 6: Xtreme-G 190.62m Win7/Vista32
· 7: Xtreme-G 195.62 Win7/Vista64
· 8: XG 11.2 Mobility Win7 Vista 64bit
· 9: Xtreme-G 195.62 XP32
· 10: Xtreme-G 190.62m Win7/Vista64

Google Ads

Google
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Question about 560TI and onboard audio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Question about 560TI and onboard audio Reply with quote

Hi
Im about to buy a new pc next week, since my old one got stolen at the end of last year Crying or Very sad
And think about buying an gtx 560ti. But there is so many too choose from. Does any have good suggestion on which brand to get or stay away from? Or it really dosent matter that much? The asus, zotac and Inno3d cost to much where i come from (eu,dk).Both standard and oc editions. So i have gainward, gigabyte,club3d or msi to choose from( they are around 80 dollars cheaper). And 570 is way too expensive for me. I will not OC the card just so you know.

The other thing. Is onboard audio still bad as it was in old days?
Because im thinking about bying a sound card too (had audigy 2 on old one, so never used onboard ). I will use the pc mostly to play games, listen to music or see movie only ocassionaly from time to time. Is it worth too get a soundcard? Or save some money and stay with onboard?
Semp
TF Admin
TF Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to stick with EVGA or XFX for the lifetime warranty. A sound card will not only sound much better than onboard it will also get you better performance out of your system because your processor isn't having to run the onboard sound.
LG 55LW5300 3D | Win8.1 Pro x64

Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then maybe i should get a soundcard then. From the prices i see its gonna be one from creative.

EVGA and XFX are not availible anywhere here (no geforce models). But dont xfx make only amd cards these days? I had bad experience with the only one ati5850 i got so i stick with nvidia.
Sebi
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the Gigabyte GTX560Ti http://www.shg.dk/Grafikkort/GIGABYTE-GV-N560OC-1GI-2244189.html, it's around 1700 kr.
The other option is the MSI Twin Frozr II (it's louder), the OC capability is about the same for both cards. Very Happy
For soundcard better choose the Asus Xonar D1, or the Creative SB Audigy SE and change the main OPAMP to LME49720MA
VGA: Asus GTX560 with 314.22
HDD: Samsung F3 500GB + 250 GB Seagate 7200.10 SATA2
Case: ME09AL-B (1x120mm Nexus 1000rpm. bottom intake+AF 3 TC side and Scythe Slip Stream 1200rpm. rear exhaust)
PSU: Seasonic S12II 520 W
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you visited the site im about to buy my parts from Razz with no credit card not many online shop to choose from over here lol.

I was looking at that gigabyte but didnt know which brand was best.

Msi beeing loud, tbh i dont mind that. I have cars driving by all day long, right outside my window, so i wont hear my gpu anyway Razz

I get some tax money back, or what its called in english, next monday thats why i wanted to buy pc now. And with newssites warning about prices going up on electronics, because of the thing that happened in Japan it would be best too buy now before prices go up. And im one of the persons that hate too wait weeks before parts arrive Razz

Asus soundcard, well i never used that before so i wasnt sure about it. Used audigy 2 for years. Is it better even if only for gaming mostly? i was looking at xfi titanium but the asus one is cheaper.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gigabyte is a safe choice. Gainward is great unless you're planning on installing a custom cooler - they tend to customise PCB layout, which can cause problems installing a new cooler.

An Asus Xonar is a great choice for sound. If you an audiophile, you really can't beat the Xonar STX, but the DX/D1 are great too (for the price).
Graphics: GTX 680
Monitor: Dell U2311H
Sound: Xonar Essence STX
Speakers: Bose Companion 20
Headphones: Sennheiser HD-598
Storage: Samsung 830 128GB, Corsair Performance Pro 256GB, Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Optical: LG bluray writer
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Case: Corsair 550D
Cooling: 2x 124mm Zaward Golf III, 2x 120mm Akasa Apaches
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think i will ever change cooler on it. And im not planning to OC the card. But if i should go after the OC editions of the cards then both gigabyte and gainward GS are clocked higher then msi from what i can see on the site, but none of them in store atm Evil or Very Mad

Maybe i will go after one of those two. I dont mind the noise from them, i only hope the stock cooling is good enough on them.

About the soundcard. I want a card with clear and good enough sound when playing music/movies and hear all effects/sounds in games with my old creative 6.1 set i have. Im not an audiophile so sound dosent have too be the best of the best. Such card will cost me fortune.
The xfi titanium i was looking at here, it cost around 105 us dollars. i know prices are diffrent in other countries. But i see both of you suggest an asus instead of creative, maybe i should go after that, i just didnt use asus before.
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the shop have xonar d1, xonar dx/xd and xonar dx for around same price as the titanium i was looking at.
adrichardson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news - the D1 and DX are pci/pcie versions of the same card, so pick whichever suits your mobo layout best.

Definitely ignore the XFI - sound quality isn't in the same league, especially for music
Graphics: GTX 680
Monitor: Dell U2311H
Sound: Xonar Essence STX
Speakers: Bose Companion 20
Headphones: Sennheiser HD-598
Storage: Samsung 830 128GB, Corsair Performance Pro 256GB, Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
Optical: LG bluray writer
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Case: Corsair 550D
Cooling: 2x 124mm Zaward Golf III, 2x 120mm Akasa Apaches
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrichardson wrote:
That's great news - the D1 and DX are pci/pcie versions of the same card, so pick whichever suits your mobo layout best.

Definitely ignore the XFI - sound quality isn't in the same league, especially for music

what about gaming sound? since i will use pc mostly to play on.
I know not many games are using eax lately so this feature isnt so important. I will be using my few years old Creative Inspire 6700 6.1 set.

i remember i had issues with my old audigy 2 on win 7 64bit. Mic problems mostly on vent,people couldnt hear what i was saying. It was fine for a while after reboot. Same with games, sound getting weird after hour or two of playing. Hope there isnt any issues in Win7 64bit, if i get new soundcard. But is xonar still better one even if i use pc mostly to play on, and hear music watch films from time to time?
GeekGuy
Donator
Donator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both the X-Fi Titanium and the Xonar DX. I can tell you, hands down, that the Xonar has MUCH better sound and detail when it comes to music. It's lush and VERY clear. The only problems I had with it were with games. The 'gamer' setting made some things sound like they were under water, or had WAY too much reverb (echo). I ended up using the Titanium in my gaming rig, and have the Xonar in my HTPC. I have had no issues with drivers or software for either cards on Windows 7 64 bit. If I had to choose between the two, I would take the Titanium; it sounds ok with music and great with games, where the Xonar sounded amazing with music but bad with games. This is just my experience, and anyone's can be different. Either way you go, both cards will be worlds better than on board audio.
Memory: 16GB Mushkin DDR3-1600
Case: Silverstone FT02-BW
Graphics: Galaxy GTX680
Power: Corsair HX850
Sound: Soundblaster Titanium HD X-Fi w/ FiiO E9 & V-Moda M100
Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 3TB Seagate HDD
Monitor: Dell U2711; Alienware AW2310
HID: CM Trigger; Razer Deathadder BE
Current Driver: 332.21 WHQL
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for your input. It sound from what you saying, and what i could read around on the net the other day, for gaming i should go titanium, and since its what i would use my pc for mostly i should take that one. So now i have only to wait for the "fixed" sandy bridge mobos to arrive at the store, and hope the money come to my account sometime this week or start of the next Evil or Very Mad
I hate waiting Smile
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it all today cant wait to put it together. I went with the msi 560ti twin frozr II OC since it was the only one they had atm and titanium souncard. Cant wait to try the new xg drivers that semp is making.
Now my parents old laptop can R.I.P
Thanx all for your opinions.

edit:

any ideas about titanium drivers? or should i just go with the offical ones.
am
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebi wrote:
I vote for the Gigabyte GTX560Ti http://www.shg.dk/Grafikkort/GIGABYTE-GV-N560OC-1GI-2244189.html, it's around 1700 kr.

A friend recently got that same card. No game incl Crysis2 can take it above 68c load. Idles low 30s and is utterly silent. Very nice design.
Boogie30
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im very happy with that msi 560ti ive got. my first gpu card in my live that is so silent and the temps never go over 50 in games. I know it can maybe get louder and hotter with time because off all the dust but right now im happy i got that one.
MSI Gtx670 PE
Corsair Tx650
Creative X-fi Titanium
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
1x Seagate sata3 hdd 1Tb
1x Seagate sata3 Green hdd 2Tb
Samsung P2450H 24"
Coolermaster Gladiator 600 Case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TweakForce Forum Index -> General Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: